1. According to the European Social Survey, Spaniards are the least energetic Europeans. When asked, "Have you felt brimming over with energy?" 21% said never, 41% sometimes, 31% often, and 7% almost always. The most energetic Europeans hail from (in order), Slovenia, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, and France.
2. García is the most common last name in Spain, but there are more Garcias in the United States than in Spain.
3. Fully 80% of the world reserves of meerschaum are in Madrid Province. The stone is used to make tobacco pipes, among other things.
4. Spain is Europe's leading consumer of marijuana and cocaine.
5. Spain is the world's leading consumer of canned tuna, 3 kilograms (6.6 pounds) per person per year.
6. Spain is the world's leading producer of olive oil, 31.7% of the total. It has 250 varieties of olives and almost 250,000,000 olive trees, and 80% of the olive oil is produced in Andalucía.